Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunny Sunday

Today was harsh…Although it was a beautiful day outside, I went nowhere because I had tons to do indoors. It’s okay. When my empire is built and I have enough money to hire all the staff in the world, it’ll be worth the carpal tunnel and the flawed vision caused by unending hours on the computer in the name of my biz. I hear St. Martin’s doesn’t mind visitors with achy wrists and glasses who lounge all day and sip on drinks with umbrellas in them ;-)
OK so today wasn’t that horribly harsh. I did ID 40 new stores that could carry my line (they’ll all be getting a nice postcard from moi this week in the mail) and I did ID some stores to visit outside the DC area next week for some sales calls. I baked 6 plantains today and I’m trying to convince myself that is normal- (6 plantains for 2 people=a lot of damn plantains). And let’s not forget I rid the kitchen table of store listings, postcards, coupons, and biz files so hubby and I can have dinner (yes plantains were included). I would definitely count that as an accomplishment.
This week is going to be jam-packed with biz plan finalizing, sales calls, media outreach, resuming designing the Spring line, and doing another mailing. But Tis the life of a biz owner and I wouldn’t have it any other way. At least this time I am licking stamps for my mailing, and no one else’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment