Thursday, August 13, 2009

How horrible of me-going blog awol

If anyone would have told me that starting your own business and fashion label was going to be a situation where every minute of your working day was occupied-i would have looked at the funny. I thought when I was a journalist, the memories of which are fading away so quickly, that things were busy. A complete lie. Today, I wake at 6am and will probably work until midnite...Doing what you ask-following up with stores, counting inventory, updating site--my estore opens tomorrow--whoohooo!!!! i also have to prepare shipments to store, do my accounting, etc. Yesterday -bless my husband-he helped me organize boxes of inventory while trying to not have a heart arttack. He's very tidy, being a former Marine and when he saw hundreds of tops on my office floor-he began to turn red and sweat. I had to hide my laughter at his obvious discomfort. but we organized it and now it's on shelves. A triumph of sorts!

So we just got back from Stylemax in chicago where there was plenty of interest in K&P-we got a number of buyers and great leads. Our tradeshow neighbor Juliana says that sometimes all you need is exposure and she's right. Exposure can lead to soo much! It was a week of firsts-our first time to chicago, and our first arrival to a store-Vive La Femme in the windy city! an amazing boutique with so much character and there....we saw our first 2 tops get sold at a trunk show celebrating the arrival of the K&P line there! amazing, amazing feeling!!! we took pictures, we ate, we laughed! we had a great time!

Now prepping is underway for wwin in vegas-our second and last appearance this year. and we wrapped up our spring sample making so we'll have that to show...everything is coming full circle... and I'm going to make time to blog more-it soothes my stressed nerves and helps keep me accountable!

No comments:

Post a Comment