Friday, June 26, 2009

Being the best- ATribute to Farrah Fawcett & Michael Jackson

It was a sad week. Losing Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson in the same day was heartbreaking. I thought Farrah was a complete beauty and her hair and smile just amazing. Her performance in "The Burning Bed" was jarring. I remember her convincing portrayal-I was just 7 when the movie came out but it made an impression. Michael Jackson changed society, left his mark everywhere. There not a performer alive who doesn't want to captivate or thrill an audience like he did. He was in a league of his own. He was the best and today his passing made me think about pushing ourselves past our limits. Bringing innovation and thrill into all aspects of our lives: New ideas, peak performance, maximizing connections, excellent customer service. Michael dared to be the best. And we should dare to be our own best. Just when we think we can't, we must. Musically, Michael kept himself to an amazing standard and so should we. As entrepreneurs, we should be bringing 100% to each job-related task. Our business is Michael's music. This week I also saw Beyonce in concert. Amazing. I told my husband during the concert, completely inspired by her giving her all to her fans, to never allow me to say I'm tired, say I give up or say I can't. Not that those words are often used in my vocabulary, but when you run your own thing, you can sometimes see things as overwhelming or limited but those are illusions. The only limits there are the ones we put on ourselves-we allow them, they are not forced. The world seems a little different without Farrah or Michael and I feel a new sense of strength to be more daring, faithful in all that I'm doing. they pushed the envelope, they pushed society. Who though a show about 3 female agents would become a pop hit? And Michael from Gary, Indiana and one of 10 kids--becoming the king of Pop was something he strived for. It wasn't given to him. He earned it. Every accolade. Every hit. Is your business at the top of its game? What can you do to move it there? Are you bring 100% to your business day in day out? What are your standards and can they be higher? Are you your own Beyonce? We all need to be. Farrah, Michael, They're were their own bosses doing their own thing. Their standards were amazing. Beyonce-I once read that Beyonce's warmup is running 4 miles.That's how she gets ready for her day-to take on the world. Now I'm not saying run 4 miles tomorrow-but what I am saying is push yourself to be the best. M&F did it and B does it. What's your warmup?

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny.. .Alex and I were talking about Beyonce and Jay-z saying how much they are accomplishing and how strong and powerful they both are...They are always giving more than 100% on anything that they do.. we should always give 110% too.

    ReplyDelete