Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Scream loud and proud-I’m in business! People are listening

Days after arriving from beautiful St. Lucia! It’s insanely gorgeous! I rested. I relaxed. I geared up. Time to play ball.
Blogging from the fashion capital of the world –at least my NY-centric world. Attended a fab workshop this week on the coming color trends – always gotta stay a little ahead of the game and grab knowledge where you can. That’s one aspect of business ownership I love-asking questions, getting information-my past media training helps with that-I ask, ask, ask, soaking up what I can. My husband always says “If you don’t ask, then the answer is automatically no.” Today I saw proof of that-A few years ago, when I left my first media gig to pursue other opps I freelanced for a Capitol Hill newspaper. I loved it, I really got to seek out and develop stories and follow up with any developments! I got to own stories there. I was there a few months before I moved on to another political publication and ultimately to the Capitol itself working for Rep. Charles Rangel of NY. They always remembered my story of forward movement-freelancer to hill staffer and held it up as an inspiration to other interns-I learned that today when I contacted them about possible interest in running something about Kingley&Posh and how a hill staffer is now pursuing her (my) first love of passion. So to make a long story short-they’re running something in an upcoming issue! How great is that? We live in a helpful world. Don’t you on a daily basis feel the urge to help? Others feel it too. Don’t underestimate others' helpfulness. That’s the lesson for today.
Second lesson! Set deadlines and take tiny steps daily to meet them. Working to submit my business plant, took discipline and diligence and pacing myself. The plan itself had plenty of parts and I had to complete everything thoroughly. I working to amp my organization skills and giving organization a higher priority for me. Sometimes I’ve taken pride in accomplishment amid paper chaos but no longer is accomplishment an excuse to forgive not accessing/using organization tools to make life easier. It’s time to organize our lives. Our businesses will thank us!
OK I have an early bus tomorrow heading back to DC and then off to a great weekend where my two baby nieces, Marisol and Aliana get baptized. They’re the female business owners of tomorrow-I can feel it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for coming to the girls Baptism :O) It meant alot to us! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete