Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New York! New York!

Day 4 of the Big Apple! Amazingly I am still here. I should be heading back today, but the editors of the magazine that's shooting my clothes have had to postpone due to deadlines. No worries. I am home and one of the awesome things of being your own boss is that you can work wherever without someone who's probably on some acid trip breathing down your throat asking when you're coming back, where this oh-so-important file is (that's the only reason of course they'd bother you away from the office -- for that oh-so important file full of nothingness) and having their own nervous breakdown because without you there they have to work or look busier. Oh you smell that--it's freedom on the road to financial indepence and security--and you're building that road.

So I went to my Bronx factory on Monday. It was really impressive. My dad came with me to lend his expertise of all his years in the textile industry. The facilities are great and the price is right but however I am still a little hesitant. Maybe because production is around the corner and I am hitting stores relatively soon..okay I'm postpoing my doubtful state until I've had breakfast. Freaking out is much more efficient on a full belly.

When I do get home to VA it's spring cleaning time. My hubby Oscar (hell of a guy and just an angel) has been patient with my growing number of work stations (one on the sofa, one in the kitchen, and one in the study) so I am going to make him proud with my cleaning prowess when I get home. Have to buy a mini file cabinet to better organize things and just rid of the paperwork i swear makes me feel warm and fuzzy at nite just knowing it's there (but knowing deep down in my soul it serves no real purpose.

Also it's time to get my exercise routine tattoed on my forehead. Hubby read my physical results over the phone to me last night and my cholesterol is borderline. Not ideal for a 32-year-old so I am fixing that. What is the point of getting you groove on with your biz if your health is less than ideal? I rather be alive and making it than dead and rich so I've decided to become a gym nut and make the recommended changes to my diet. No more junk! And my inspiration besides hubby, biz, Oni and Sifu? My mom told me Sunday when I arrived that she's off her diabetes meds and feeling like a million bucks! Can I get an amen! I'm ecstatic and ready to kick my butt into shape.

So here's to a day of following up with stores, cleaning my database, and cont'd media outreach and whatever else in between! but first some fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment