Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring into it!

Wow! What a week-I signed up for the Ladies Who Launch biz incubator and I can definitely say it was an amazing experience. If you’re constantly behind your computer working 12-18 hr days, get out now. I knew it was important to get out and meet people in similar positions of launching business but I don’t think it’s important anymore-it’s vital to not only to your growth and sanity but to that of your business too! Take a business class, join a business network. If you’re a lady, join LWL-if you’re a man, ask your wife, girlfriend, sister, friend coworker who’s in LWL how it went-you’re sure to learn something. A plant can’t grow without air. And a plant shouldn’t grow without other plants growing around it!
So am just catching up from a few days focused on the incubator. Amazingly enough, hours away from my computer and email did not cause the world to end. I think I grew more for my business away from the business than I did at my computer working on my business, if that makes sense. Hubby of course was super supportive of it all. It’s amazing how lucky I am. He’s also going to school to get his engineering degree so if you have someone important in your life giving you support, make sure you’re taking care of them to.
The weekend is the weekend to get organized and wrap up my biz plan to take to SCORE. If you haven’t met with them, make an appointment now. Look for the local chapter and make an appointment if only to chat. I need help with numbers. So make a list of what you need help with and they’ll match you with someone who’s been there done that. A mentor! How great is that.
And follow me on twitter @ Kingleyandposh. I’m having more fun on it than I thought. STAY CONNECTED. Yes your biz is important but life still is happening all around you. Don’t miss out on exercising, enjoying the beautiful weather, catching up with friends and family. Your business will be there when you get back!
Off to get some lunch and work on my biz plan-outside! It’s too gorgeous of a day to miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment